Ironhack’s Final Project
You and your team will have two weeks to build a digital product - either an App or a responsive website - based on a briefing from a real company. During this process you’ll apply your own vision, research, findings and the UX/UI process you’ve learned throughout the program.
This project being in groups will mimic a real life scenario. Take this opportunity to apply everything you’ve learned about teamwork and to have in mind all the feedback we’ve given to each other. Communication and organization are key to success!
Also, think about your portfolio and the Hiring Fair coming soon! Your final project is the one that you will spend the most time in and where you can apply everything you’ve learned, so make sure you tackle the processes that you’re more interested in.
- A 8 min presentation : You will have just 8 minutes to make the audience fall in love, so keep it short and sweet.
The Internal Hackshow is a unique opportunity to show your best self to a group of professionals from the industry (they can be UX Researchers, Information Architects, Visual designers, Developers or Product Owners, among others!)
The jury will listen to you carefully and ask some questions about your product at the end. After everyone has presented, the jury will vote and select 2 groups that will be speakers during the Hackshow. The class will also chose 1 extra presenter by popular vote.
How will we evaluate the projects?
Although the internal hackshow results are evident enough, we will still evaluate you according to this criteria:
- Presentation - Was the presentation clear and easy to follow?
- Problem - Was the idea well thought out and explored? Did the student understand the client’s needs?
- Process - Did the student go through the proper UCD process? Were the problems/ pain points clearly identified, and were the designs decisions based on their solution?
- Functionality - Did the features and functionality meet the needs of the user and business?
- Usability - Was the app easy to navigate and provides a delightful experience?
Hackshow - How does it work?
The Hackshow will be a public event where you will be able to show your work or take a look at your peers’ projects and even Web and Data projects! Keep in mind this is a huge opportunity to practice your public speaking, network with people from the industry and celebrate your achievements!!! Do not hesitate to invite your friends & family.
At the end, everyone in the audience will be able to vote for their favorite project!